Pages

stargaze.

tonight i walked home. 2am through a grass square surrounded by trees. a single lampost stood lonely, completely in the middle. although i couldn't see the stars, they were there. just behind the twilight sky of apparent nothingness. my hood pulled loosely over my head managed to obstruct my usual awareness and peripheral vision but in that moment it didn't matter. looking directly ahead was my only option.

and that's it.
don't worry about what happened; what is already behind you.
and don't worry about that distant future you can't see yet; it's there.

but most of all, those stars. they're in you, however much you might doubt it sometimes.
they're around you. in those peeps we call friends that brighten up your day with the smallest things.
maybe you can't always see them and maybe you won't always be able to feel them.
tonight i did and it was wonderful! believe it.

and that's what i thought about as my expression broke into a smile as i got to my front door :)

goodnight world.